When it comes to your health, you should not take any risk due to a bit of ignorance. Skin cancer, If not given a proper attention, often leads a great chance to go to regenerate and spread to other body parts. As the skin cancer develops through many different stages, the possibilities for survival decrease swiftly.
Skin cancer extensively undergoes spreading, which means it spreads to other parts of the body and infects as various types of cancer. You will be well prepared to recognize signs of skin cancer when you know what they are. Skin cancer is a major matter and conducting regular exams can only be useful, even if you are feeling it isn’t required. Followings are the possible signs of skin cancer that need to be given proper attention:
- If you got an open sore that bleeds, oozes, or crusts, and remains open for several weeks.
- Presence of reddish raised patch or irritated area that may crust or itch. In most of cases these area rarely hurts.
- A shiny pink or red, pearly white or translucent bump on your skin.
- A pink growth with an elevated border and crusted central indentation.
- A scar-like, white, yellow, or waxy area, often with a poorly defined border.
- Suddenly a wart-like growth appears on your body part.
- A persistent, scaly red patch with irregular borders that may bleed easily.
- Occurrence of an open sore that persists for weeks.
- An elevated growth on your skin with a rough surface and a central depression.
Regular self-examinations may help find skin cancer in early stages. Examinations should be performed in front of a full-length mirror in a brightly lit room. It helps to have another person check the scalp and back of the neck. Non-melanoma skin cancer most often begins on skin that has frequently been exposed to the sun. Ask a medical expert for any sudden change on the skin that match any symptoms on either of the above lists. It is advisable to be aware to have a safer life.