Toxicity is on the rise – not only in our environment but in our bodies as well. The amount of cosmetics we dab on our skin is adding to the toxic content in our body. Bath soaps, scrubs, liquid hand wash, body lotions and so many others are unsafe and full of skin irritants. We need to shun these toxins in favor of natural ingredients. These ingredients are not only safe for our skin but protect us from many diseases as well.
Below is recipe of one such bath soap prepared with natural ingredients. I am sure you will love it as they are cost effective besides being skin friendly.
Tea Tree Oil Soap
Melaleuca or tea tree is a well-known anti – fungal agent besides being antibacterial, anti-parasitic, anti-viral and many more. Only the best antifungal agent like tea tree oil can make the best antifungal soap. When used in bath soap it cleanses and heals the skin naturally.
- Olive oil – 45%
- Coconut oil – 30%
- Sweet almond oil – 13%
- Avocado oil – 12%
- Essential oil -tea tree oil
Method of preparation
- Prepare lye solution by adding lye to water
- mix well and leave it for cooling
- Measure solid oils and melt them
- Measure liquid oil
- Add liquid oils to the melted solid oils and let them cool
- When they cool to about 95 degrees, put lye solution to the oils and mix it slowly
- When it reaches a light trace, add essential tea tree oil
- Mix well
- Pour the mixture into molds
- Leave it for 24 to 48 hours
- Check. If hard enough unmold, cut into desired pieces and keep it in a ventilated area.
Your natural tea tree oil soap is ready for use.
I hope you will prepare it at home and not spend even a dime at those toxic cosmetics which leave their residues behind and harm your skin. These are better than any of the best antifungal soaps available at the drug stores. Go for them!