Today we live in a world where technology is developing everyday to make our lives better. But, looking at its downside, we have become lazy and lethargic and less immune to the toxic chemicals and micro-organisms present in the air surrounding us. Because of all this, we suffer with different kinds of diseases and infections. To combat this, we need to make certain changes in our daily habits to improve the quality of our living. Maintaining a good as well as a non-toxic personal hygiene is a great way to start with.
Personal hygiene, mainly involves a regular care of your skin and hair, as these two are the main parts of your skin that hosts dirt and germs. Read on to know about personal hygiene and what changes should be made to make it more healthy.
Hygienic skin care
Skin is the largest organ of our body that helps in regulating the body temperature and also removing waste through sweating. Being exposed to surroundings, it is more prone to get infected by microbes such as fungi, bacteria and viruses. This is why you must keep your skin clean by taking a shower at least once everyday. Instead of using your regular soap that may contain toxic chemicals, switch to any antibacterial or anti fungal soap that includes natural ingredients like olive oil, tea tree oil, and other herbal antiseptic ingredients that are smooth on your skin but harsh on the microbes that may attack your skin. Choose the best natural body soap available on the shelves and make your skin even more healthy. Along with using a herbal bathing soap, follow the guidelines below to maintain skin hygiene:
Since soap lather will allow the water to remove the dirt and also dispense the natural ingredients to kill germs and micro-organisms, therefore it is very important to lather well.
The folds and creases of the skin, including area behind the ears, under arms and between fingers and toes are perfect places for the microbes to breed. Therefore, you must pay a special attention to these parts while bathing. You must also thoroughly wash your private parts.
- Rinse thoroughly to drive away the dirt and soap lather and with a clean towel, dry your body.
- Make use of deodorants or antiperspirants after bathing, to keep away body odor as well as wetness.
- Make sure that you wear clean and dry clothes after bathing, especially undergarments.
- Never ever share your clothes, towels, socks, shoes with others.
Hygienic hair care
Hair is the growth of protein filaments from the skin, which do not allow the body temperature to be lost from the head. As these can also form breeding grounds for different germs and microbes, they should be washed daily with a shampoo. Again, here, instead of a chemical laden shampoo that can harm the hair roots, you must make use of an herbal shampoo that contains natural oils like tea tree oil, coconut oil, olive oil, etc. washing your hair with a natural shampoo will not only save your hair from getting damaged by harsh toxic chemicals but will also kill the microbes that may grow on your scalp. Making use of herbal shampoo is although good, in fact great for hair, but washing them properly is equally important. Here we have a few tips for you to keep in mind while washing your hair:
- Before shampooing, brush your hair to remove the surface dirt and knots.
- Wet your hair and then using your fingertips, apply the herbal shampoo.
- Lather it gently.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm or cold water.
- You can make use of a conditioner after thoroughly washing your hair to make them more manageable.
- Again, make use of an herbal conditioner and then rinse it thoroughly with water.
- After your hair dries, brush them from roots to tips.
- Make sure you wash your combs and brushes regularly and do not share them with anyone.
By following the above mentioned tips and guidelines using herbal and natural products will definitely improve your quality of life making you feel fresh and healthy throughout.
“Make such little changes in your lifestyle and live your life king size”